GameBlocks receives and relies on information provided from its Clients from and about their end users. Please refer to each Publishers or other Clients privacy policies for details on the types of information each may share.
GameBlocks receives and stores Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of and for our Clients to use in invoicing and for contract fulfillment purposes. GameBlocks does not receive or store PII of our Clients End Users (Players), except in limited instances on a de-linked, anonymized basis.
Further, since the invalidation of the Privacy Shield data transfer mechanism by the Court of Justice of the European Union in 2020, GameBlocks relies on the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) for transfers of controller data to non-EU or EEA processor: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087&from=en
Information GameBlocks Collects and Processes
- Client Data: GameBlocks collects basic user information which includes names, emails and usernames to allow Clients to authenticate with GameBlocks Services, for billing and for contract fulfillment purposes.
Game Data: For the purpose of anti-cheat detection and analysis of End User
gameplay, GameBlocks' Clients can choose to send the following information
- 'Player Statistics' - A variety of information about a players in game actions are sent to GameBlocks for analysis, some of this information is stored in its raw form but most is aggregated into more general statistics for analysis. This includes a wide array of information such as kills, deaths, score and other in-game actions and activities.
- 'Log Data' - A Client can choose to send us log information such as when a player joined a server or other logs about the in-game interactions
How We Use Information
Client Data will be used by GameBlocks in accordance with Client's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Client Agreement.
- For communication with Clients. For example, if you provide information for a certain reason, we may use the information in connection with that reason such as answering your questions or resolving service problems.
- To honor our contractual commitments, including the statistical analysis of gameplay to provide anti-cheat and other middleware services.
- To create, maintain, service and improve the services we provide to Clients.
- As required by applicable law, legal compliance, process or regulation.
- For billing, general administration and legal issues, and processing job applications.
- In the event of a change or proposed change to GameBlocks' business or structure, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of assets or stock, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, all information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality agreements.
- Anonymized data may be used or disclosed for any purpose. For example, we may share Anonymized information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes.
- GameBlocks may share information with third parties when we have consent from our Client to do so.
Third Party use of Personal Information
GameBlocks does not share Client PII with unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes without consent.
GameBlocks does not share user PII with any third parties for processing or storage.
User Access to Personal Information
GameBlocks respects the PII of individuals who have data on our servers. Since the data we receive from our Clients is anonymized when we receive it, we may not be able to process an individual's request for PII directly. Any requests for information that exists on our servers must be done through the Client that has provided said data to us. GameBlocks will promptly respond to any request for a copy of the PII from a Client with copy of the requested data to the Client to be forwarded onto the requester. GameBlocks retains the right not to disclose any information that could be considered trade secrets of GameBlocks, intellectual property of GameBlocks or PII of other persons.
Users Right to be Forgotten
GameBlocks will respect the users rights to have PII removed from our servers upon request. Since the data we receive from our Clients is anonymized when we receive it, we may not be able to process an individual's request for for PII deletion directly. Any requests for deletion of PII must be made through the Client who provided the said data to us. GameBlocks will delete requested PII from our Servers promptly and will provide a confirmation of deletion to the requesting Client.
Our Clients have control of what data is sent to GameBlocks and how long that information is stored, including any applicable terms in the Client Agreement. Periodically, and when a Client's account is deactivated, information that is sent to us by Clients for analysis is periodically overwritten or destroyed, unless otherwise stated in the Client Agreement or as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
User PII on our Servers can be stored as long as the sending Client is retained as a GameBlocks customer, outside of any User requests to change or remove data.
International Data Transfers
GameBlocks is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, by using our services you consent to the processing and transferring of Client Data and Game Data in and to the U.S., E.U. and other countries. GameBlocks may also transfer PII to other countries. We follow the following safeguards if GameBlocks transfers PII originating from the European Union or Switzerland to other countries:
To comply with European Union and Swiss data protection laws, GameBlocks is self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, please see https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Review and Correction of Information
Customers and others who have submitted personally identifiable information may review, update and/or correct your current personally identifiable information that is on file with us by contacting [email protected]. We will review, update or remove information as we deem appropriate. We may, however, still retain your old information in our files for archival purposes, to address disputes, to meet technical or legal requirements and/or due to technology, security or operational limitations and constraints.
User PII we receive from our Clients is anonymized when we receive it and we may not be able to process an individual's request for PII directly. Any requests for a copy of PII that exists on our servers for review must be done through the Client that has provided said data to us. GameBlocks retains the right not to disclose any information that could be considered trade secrets of GameBlocks, intellectual property of GameBlocks or PII of other persons.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, GameBlocks commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact GameBlocks at [email protected].
GameBlocks has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact JAMS for more information or to file a complaint.
Our Services are for Clients and others age 13 and over. GameBlocks will not knowingly engage in processing of data for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection laws. and we do not knowingly receive, collect or process personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at [email protected].
Legal Compliance Responses
GameBlocks may share PII information with law enforcement agencies, courts, or governing bodies when we believe we are required or permitted to do so by law. The types of responses includes, but are not limited to: subpoenas, search warrants, law enforcement requirements, protection of our company and National Security. GameBlocks is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), under which we possibly can be invoked with binding arbitration if certain conditions are met.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email: [email protected].